Symposium on ASIA-USA Partnership Opportunities (SAUPO)
April 8, 2011 Friday
Call For Papers and Presentations
All areas of arts and humanities, business, information sciences, education, social sciences are invited
Purpose of the Call for Papers and Presentations:
The Kennesaw State University (KSU) Asian Studies Program announces the Call for Papers and Presentations on a new global interdisciplinary “Symposium on Asia-USA Partnership Opportunities.” The goal of this conference is to share ideas in a unique format which addresses the interests of scholars, practitioners, and administrators in working together between the USA and Asian countries such as China, Japan, Korea and India. This symposium will serve as a platform for governments, universities and corporate entities to address critical strategic needs of the businesses they intend to serve in Asia and the U.S. Speakers from multinational companies with operations in Asia and the USA will be present, as well as academicians to discuss both domestic and global concerns between these nations. Diplomats and policy makers from China, Japan, Korea, India and the U.S. will be present at the conference as well. Dr. Jagdish Sheth, renowned scholar and world authority in the field of marketing, will be the featured dinner keynote speaker.
The theme of the 2011 conference is: Globalization and Asia-USA partnership
Consistent with the theme of the Conference, the submitted papers and presentations are expected to address the following questions:
- Given the future global political, business and cultural climate, what changes in common business and operational processes and practices are required to create and sustain a competitive advantage for Asian-owned companies in the USA?
- What are the challenges and opportunities American businesses need to pay attention to when doing business in Asia or with Asians?
- What do companies need to understand about the interplay among governments, politics, cultures, and business practices in Asian societies?
- What actions should be taken by businesses, academic institutions and governments to be more proactive as well as responsive to the complexities characterized by this Globalized Era?
The following represent some of the paper and presentation topics of interest:
- Identification of current opportunities, challenges, and threats in creating and sustaining competitive advantages
- Exploration of processes and practices of managing multinational corporations
- Examination of governmental policies toward businesses and specific industries
- Knowledge and skills of intercultural practice in successful business relationships
- Theories and emergent research on the interplay between businesses, governments, and politics
- Corporate Social Responsibility in American and Asian contexts
- Opportunities for non-profit organizations between Asia and the U.S.
- One page abstract of 250-300 words to be submitted by 1st December, 2010.
- Abstracts should be sent to email@example.com.
- Subject line of the email, indicate “2011 SAUPO Conference Paper Abstract – X” where “X” stands for the letter that specifies the primary theme or category for your paper as described below.
- Primary theme or category for your paper and presentations (choose one):
- Opportunities, challenges, and threats in creating and sustaining competitive advantages
- Processes and practices of managing various sized businesses
- Governmental policies toward businesses and specific industries
- Intercultural communications in successful business relationships
- Theories and practices on the interplay between businesses, governments, and politics
- International or global education
- Other Emphasis
Selected papers from the conference may be eligible for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Emerging Knowledge on Emerging Markets (JEKEM). If you would like to have your paper considered for publication in JEKEM, please submit the full manuscript of the paper by 15th January 2011. Manuscripts must be prepared by SMA Style Guidelines. Manuscripts will be double-blind reviewed for acceptance according to JEKEM procedures. Please indicate in the email submission of your abstract if you would like your manuscript to be considered for publication in JEKEM.
At least one author of each accepted paper (abstract) must attend the conference and present the paper.
The location of the conference at Kennesaw State University, located outside Metro Atlanta, Georgia, serves as an ideal venue for such a gathering of this momentous scale.
Questions regarding the Call for Papers may be directed to:Dr. Leila Borders (firstname.lastname@example.org, Dr. Sarasij Majumder (email@example.com), or Dr. Guichun Zong (firstname.lastname@example.org), Co-Chairs of the Program Committee
More information about the conference can be found at www.kennesaw.edu